Sorry I haven't posted in so long - I started a new job and have been trying to finish my dissertation and and and!
I am usually the type of person who has all of my Christmas shopping done way ahead of time - partially because I hate going shopping when it's crowded, but also because I like to gloat and dance around my pile of wrapped and labeled gifts like the obnoxious human being I am.
This year that is not what has happened.
So for anyone else like me who finds themselves going "holy shit the day after the day after tomorrow is Christmas and I'm not even close to done" here is a list of great last minute gifts that aren't gift cards (although gift cards are awesome!) and will make everyone think you're a gift-giving wizard who really has their life together!
1. Paris Faux Fur Throw, $79.95, Soft Surroundings
I LOVE cozy blankets. Chances are most people you know do too. This is one of my favorites, but blankets scream winter and are easily found most anywhere!
2. Tervis Tumblers, $16.99 - $25.99, Bed Bath and Beyond
Tervis tumblers are great. They come in a ton of designs (I have this Simply Southern one in my office and a Green Bay one at home), they keep cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot, they don't leak, they're really durable, and they stay closed. Hydration perfection.
3. Game of Thrones Coloring Book, $11, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart
And probably a pack of red colored pencils. :(
4. Starbucks Mugs and Tumblers, $12.95 - $22.95, Starbucks Stores
Pop into Starbucks, grab a mug, grab yourself some coffee, go on your way. Easy.
5. A nice bottle of wine
Even better if you find a personal connection with the label, vineyard, or name. Here in Memphis, I'm partial to Winery of Germantown, Joe's, and Buster's (in Germantown, Midtown, and East Memphis respectively).
6. A great new book, like The Witches: Salem, 1692, Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Distrurbances, or Career of Evil
Because books are the best gifts.
Here in Memphis, I like Booksellers at Laurelwood for new (and used!) books, but Barnes and Noble, Target, and a ton of other stores should have all the hot new releases.
7. A classic book - maybe even a used one, because used books need love too!
Again, best gift.
Check out the Memphis Public Library Friends of the Library book store and Book Traders on Quince, two of my favorites.
8. Extra phone and micro-USB cables - because you always need just one more than you actually have!
Go to Target. Buy them. Feel the eternal love coming from your family and friends.
BONUS for Memphians!
BONUS for Memphians!
9. Basically anything from City & State, Five in One Social Club, Falling Into Place Shop, 387 Pantry, Bingham & Broad, The Attic, Muddy's, or The Ivory Closet. Shop Local, Memphis!
I love all these places - check out this even more detailed guide on local Memphis gifts from I Love Memphis!