Go to 3 new American cities.
And I went to Laughlin, NV and Las Vegas for the first time!
2. Travel to another country, bringing my total to 6 in the past 3 years.
(Might have to make a pit stop in Canada for this one!)
3. Eat something green (that's not gummy and shaped like a bear) every day.
(Or that's covered in cheese...)
4. Really pare down my closet.Not quite "DONE" but I took 3 giant bags to Goodwill today!
5. Write 3 chapters of my dissertation.HAHAHAHA.
I have an outline of my introduction, a draft of my first chapter, and hopefully a draft of my second chapter done by my birthday. But 3 completed chapters?
6. Start a savings account.
7. Go to the gym regularly. For me, that's 3-4 times a week, no excuses!
8. Volunteer for a charity/charitable organization. Anyone have any ideas?
10. Get an article published in a peer-reviewed journal.
So this is kind of a constant thing, but on my trip I wrote and mailed all my thank you letters before I even came back to Memphis!
12. Learn to accept a compliment.
13. Go a week without complaining about anyone/anything.
14. Eat breakfast regularly.
DONE! With one extra!
I'm working on it!
I'm working on it!
1. The Ocean at the End of the Lane, Neil Gaiman
2. House of Leaves, Mark Z. Danielewski
3. Paris by Edward Rutherford
4. Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon
5. Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith
6. The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith
7. The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
8. Prince Lestat by Anne Rice
9. The Vines by Christopher Rice
10. Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
11. Dark Witch by Nora Roberts (Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy)
12. Shadow Spell by Nora Roberts (Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy)
13. Dark Magick by Nora Roberts (Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy)
14. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt15. Vision in White by Nora Roberts (The Bride Quartet)
16. Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts (The Bride Quartet)
17. Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts (The Bride Quartet)
18. Happy Ever After by Nora Roberts (The Bride Quartet)
19. The Truth-Teller's Lie by Sophie Hannah
20. The Secret History by Donna Tartt
21. The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
22. The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes
23. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
24. The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes
25. Ship of Brides by Jojo Moyes
26. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
16. Get my French back to conversational level.
17. Learn enough German to have rough conversational skills.I read a website in German the other day. On my way!
18. Make schnitzel.
19. Make magenflasters like my gramma's.
20. Finally figure out how to use my "grown up" camera.
21. Take a spa day - massage, mani, pedi, facial - and just enjoy it, no phone, no conversation.
22. Visit all the museums in Memphis.
(I've been to the Brooks and the Pink Palace, but there are a ton more!)
23. Blog at least twice a week.
24. Work on my faith.
(Which is vague, but I'm really private about my beliefs.)
25. Take a trip to the Gulf Coast.
28. Make at least 3 projects for myself with my sewing machine.
29. Start (and maintain) a book club.
30. Stop letting people take advantage of my kindness, just because I'm afraid of being alone.