So yesterday y'all saw my date night in outfit - today, my date night in makeup!
I think the same conundrum applies to makeup as outfits. You want to be casual, but pretty, with a special look but still looking like yourself. I love makeup, but tend to go very minimal normally - face makeup, blush, bronzer, mascara, eyebrow gel. Maybe some lipstick.
But for a date night (even one staying in)? It's easy to step up even the most basic makeup routine, without looking overdone or feeling like you have a mask on!
(Product links at end of the post - I don't make any money off of this, these are just products I really like!)
1. L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Creme. This. Stuff. Is. MAGIC. It's pricey, but so worth it. My skin has improved so much - I have really dry skin, and this helps hydrate it all day, without being oily.
2. I don't always need concealer, but when I do, this is what I turn to. BareMinerals makes some of the best makeup out there, and this concealer doesn't feel cakey, but still gives great coverage.
3. Pressed powder, again by BareMinerals, because I'm a disaster with loose powder! I'm dying to try their liquid and gel foundations, but this is what I had, and it's really good!
4. My BFF Kirby got me this Urban Decay "Flushed" Palette, and I use it almost every day. A swipe of bronzer, a little blush, and some illuminating powder to add a little "flush" and you're good to go!
5. Normally I don't wear eyeshadow. I just am lazy, and I always feel like it takes me way too much time. But this BareMinerals quad is great! This particular set is out of stock, but you can mix and match colors in their stores - a gray and a white shimmer are always good, a gold is more useful than you think, and that shimmery pink color is so great for dates!
6. This mascara warrants its own post, but I got a mini of the new Benefit Roller Lash and HOLY EYELASHES BATMAN.
7. Black eyeliner gets goth real fast. This pretty gray is easier to deal with if you're not an eyeliner pro.
8. The best eyebrow gel there is. I can't draw a straight line to save my life, and this gel is much more forgiving.
9. You're staying in, eating pizza, and hopefully getting kissed. Skip the heavy lipstick.
10. I went with a wine-colored pedicure (far enough away from my shirt to avoid a matchy matchy look) and a pretty pale pink nail polish for my hands.
So see? Nothing scary or high maintenance - just a little extra to show your date that you want to look pretty for you AND them!